Katy Council Community Calendar
Council Delegate Meetings
Attended by PTA Presidents, Principals, Katy Council Delegates/Reps, Katy Council Board Members and their guests. All meetings will be held at the ESC, Room 1200 at 6:30 pm unless otherwise noted.
- September 9, 2019 – 6:30 pm
- November 5, 2019 – 6:30 pm
- January 13, 2020 – 6:30 pm
- March 24, 2020 – 6:30 pm
- May 5, 2020 – 6:30 pm
Vendor Fair – Date TBD
Council President Meetings
Attended by local unit Presidents, President- Elects and appropriate Katy Council Board Members, these meetings serve as an informational share-shop. Learn what your PTA should be working on right now, activities going on within Council, and what your fellow PTAs are doing. These meetings are hosted by local units. The April and May meeting are open to current as well as incoming Presidents.
Locations – TBD
- August 20, 2019 – 9:45 am @ Morton Ranch High School
- September 17, 2019 – 9:45 am @ Rudy’s BBQ
- October 22, 2019 – 9:45 am @ Mayde Creek High School
- November 12, 2019 – 9:45 am @ Paetow High School
- January 14, 2020 – 9:45 am @ Morton Ranch Elementary
- February 11, 2020 – 9:45 am @ McMeans Junior High
- March 24, 2020 – 9:45 am
- April 21, 2020 – 9:45 am
- May 12, 2020 – 9:45 am
Host a Meeting
Katy Council is always in need of local units to host/co-host our General Delegate and President Meetings. If your PTA is interested in hosting a meeting, please stay tuned for a signup link.
FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation (FLO)
PTA bylaws require all local unit Board Members to complete this training at least once. The course is available online from through Texas PTA here: Texas PTA Training
Reminder: FLO 1 is completed online and FLO 2 is completed in person. Katy Council of PTAs will host several FLO 2 trainings in the Fall of 2019. FLO 1 should be completed before attending FLO 2. All board members should complete FLO (both parts) by October 15th.
The link to FLO 1 is https://www.txpta.org/training
Katy Council FLO Part 2 dates:
9/3 – 10am – 12pm @ Legacy Stadium
9/13 – 10am – 12pm @ Tays Junior High
9/24 – 6pm – 8pm @ Legacy Stadium
10/9 – 10am – 12pm – FLO 2 @ Paetow High School
10/15 – 6pm – 8pm – FLO 2 @ Paetow High School
10/23 – 10am – 12pm FLO 2 @ Katy ISD Police Station
Register for FLO 2 here: https://signup.com/go/EOgGQQO
Officer and Chair Training (OCT)
OCT is position specific training led by Katy Council Board members. The curriculum for these trainings is the Texas PTA Basics program.
Fall Officer and Chair Training (OCT) @ Legacy Stadium
Location: Legacy Stadium, 1830 Katyland Dr, Katy, TX 77493
- 9/16: 10-12pm and 6-8pm Membership
- 9/17: 10-12pm Secretary
- 9/18: 10-12pm and 6-8pm Treasurer
- 9/19: 10-12pm Programs
- 9/20: 10-12pm President
Reflections Chair Training @ Pattison Elementary
- 9/10: 9:30 am – Reflections
Sign up for OCT Training here.
Other Training Opportunities
Throughout the year Katy Council will set up informal training with different topics each month. Usually the program will last two hours with a timely topic. All PTA board members are invited!
Register here: https://signup.com/go/EOgGQQO
- October 10th – Fundraising Pow Wow – 10-12pm Legacy Stadium
- October 22nd – Parliamentarian in Action – Mock meeting – 6-8pm at the ESC, Room 1200.
- October 29th – Title 1/Challenged PTA meeting – 6-8pm at Legacy Stadium