Katy Council Community Calendar
Council General Meetings
Attended by PTA Presidents, Principals, Katy Council Delegates/Reps, Katy Council Board Members and their guests. All meetings will be held at the ESC until further notice. Here is the signup to RSVP!
- September 11, 2018, 6:30pm Dinner will be provided!
- November 5, 2018, 6:00pm
- January 22, 2019, 6:30pm
- March 19, 2019, 6:00pm (Vendor Fair to follow the meeting)
- May 7, 2019, 6:30pm
Throughout the year Katy Council will set up informal training with different topics each month. Usually the program will last two hours with a timely topic. All PTA board members are invited!
Oct 15th 5:30-7pm at Seven Lakes Junior High- Budget 101- Understand how the budgeting process works and how it is reflected in the financial reports. RSVP by clicking this link. http://signup.com/go/CnttnNf
November 12th 10-11:30am at the Katy ISD Police Station Advocacy 101– Learn how what advocacy is and all about Rally Day!
Council President Meetings
Attended by local unit Presidents, President- Elects and appropriate Katy Council Board Members, these meetings serve as an informational share-shop. Learn what your PTA should be working on right now, activities going on within Council, and what your fellow PTAs are doing. These meetings are hosted by local units, and alternate between morning and evening times. The April and May meeting are open to current as well as incoming Presidents. RSVP Link!
- August 21, 2018, 6:30pm, Campbell Elementary
- September 18, 2018, 9:45am, Cinco Ranch High School
- October 23rd, 2018, 6:30pm, Exley Elementary
- November 13, 2018, 9:45am, Beck Junior High
- January 15, 2019, 9:45am, Griffin Elementary
- February 12, 2019, 6:30pm, Seven Lakes High School
- March 19, 2019, 9:45am, Cardiff Junior High
- April 16, 2019, 6:30pm, Memorial Parkway Junior High
- May 14, 2019, 9:45am, Rudy’s BBQ
Host a Meeting
Katy Council is always in need of local units to host/co-host our General and President Meetings. If your PTA is interested, please sign-up here: Sign-Up for Meeting Hosts
FOUNDATIONS Leader Orientation (FLO) – PTA bylaws require all local unit Board Members to complete this training at least once. The course is available online from through Texas PTA here: Texas PTA Training
Reminder FLO 1 is online and FLO 2 is person. All board members should complete FLO (both parts) by October 15th.
The link to FLO 1 is https://www.txpta.org/training
Here is the link for the upcoming FLO 2 trainings. http://signup.com/go/AkFLTBm
Officer and Chair Training – Position specific training led by Katy Council Board members
Officer and Chair Training will take place on September 25, 2018 in the evening and there will also be a daytime training on October 4, 2018.
Texas PTA Dates
- July 2019- TX PTA Launch Summer Leadership Training