Katy ISD Council of PTAs
Katy Council acts as a primary channel of communication within the PTA network of local, Texas and National PTAs as well as with school and district administration, and the general public. Council provides information, inspiration, support, guidance and instruction to its member PTAs. Council serves to strengthen local PTAs, develop leadership potential, promote PTA membership, and advance Texas PTA’s goals, programs and initiatives.
Katy Council covers the same geographical boundaries of Katy ISD, and is open to private, charter and community PTAs from within that area. Council currently has 60 local unit PTAs. In all, Katy Council represented 30,010 PTA members for the 2018-19 school year, making it the largest council in the state of Texas.
PTA Vision, Mission, and Purpose
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.